Fiancé. Non Immigrant. Fiancé of US Citizen. Requirement US Citizen must have met overseas fiancé within last 2 years of date of filing petition, this requirement waived in particular religious or customary practices that prohibit this. Must marry US Citizen within 90 days of arrival, must file petition with US Immigration Service within 90 days of arrival, Alien given 2 years temporary permanent residence, must file petition to remove condition before 2 years are up, fast and easy way to approach permanent residence in US.