Multinational manager/ special skilled worker requirements, must have corresponding company in Alien's foreign branch for at least 1 year at least proceeding 3 years, L1A duration 7 years, automatic transfer to Permanent Residence, L1B duration 5 years no automatic transfer to permanent residence.

The L-1 Visa is available to Intra-Company Transferees who have been employed outside of the United States for at least one year in the preceding three years in the country of their origin in the corresponding branch or entity. This foreign corporation must have a U.S. affiliate; the affiliate petitions for the transfer of the employee through L-1 visa procedure. Pursuant to the Immigration Act of 1990, "L" visa holders are exempted from the requirement of having to establish their continued non-immigrant intent, greatly facilitating the transition to an immigrant employment based visa, leading to a "green card". L-1 visas are available to transfer executives, managers, or employees with specialized knowledge and their families.


  • Business plan outlining future investment scheme
  • All Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and share certificates pertaining to both the U.S. and foreign corporation
  • Proof of the alien’s qualifications as an executive, managerial, or specialized-knowledge employee
  • Proof of the financial ability of the United States Corporation to fund the employment of the proposed employee and the solvency of the foreign corporation
  • In the cases of newly formed United States corporations (less than one year), evidence of a lease, permits, and other supporting proof of the viability of the U.S. business
  • I-129L petition approved by INS
  • Evidence in the form of payroll records, that the employee has been employed abroad for at least one of the prior three years